Saturday, February 20, 2010

Headboard Dilema...

A couple of weekends ago, I painted our bedroom. Between my stomach bug and work, I have been unable to finish the touch ups - I plan on doing that tomorrow evening. I have several "finishing" touches that I would like to add but there is not enough time ---EVER.
Brandon's parents gave us their bedroom suite when we moved in to this house. They bought it when they were first married and the pieces are very dated but solid for sure. The detail is intricate and with some new hardware and a coat or two of paint, I think that they will be perfect.

With that being said, I'm tired of the "matchy matchy"... Its just not my style. I had Brandon remove the mirror that is attached to the dresser. We are going to hang some kind of mirror above the dresser but I'm not exactly sure of where I want the furniture right now. The dressers are fine but I will paint them --- probably white but the headboard is where I am having my most major issue. Like I said, I don't "hate" the furniture because it is certainly vintage and it was a gift but I'd like some variety.

I've been researching DIY headboards for a while and I stumbled across this slip covered headboard.
photo by. marthastewart.com

What do you think? I can't decide on what I really want and to be honest - I don't want to purchase an old door or make a padded headboard because I just don't know what I want. I just know that I don't want what I have. Does that make sense? This gives me a very good alternative that can easily be reversed if needed.
I hope you all enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. First--good for you for getting rid of the matchy matchy! I love the slipcovered headboard. Wonder if you could use a different fabric on each side (isn't it a rectangular piece?)so you could change it up.

    ReplyDelete

feedback please!!! i love it!