Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mod Podge Coasters




This was a coaster that my husband received as a gift when he was working at his last job. I've always secretly hated them because they just looked like something that belongs in the garage. No disrespect to the American flag but they just looked very "masculine" if you will.




Even with strict instructions to "please don't spray paint in the house" I quickly cleaned  my coasters because they were gross and I wasn't looking for the extra "texture"... Once they were clean, I opened the basement door and quickly primed my 5 coasters. I grabbed a tiny paint tester bottle to paint my coasters once the primer dried.



The color that I chose was "Soothing Green Tea" by glidden. It's a shade or two lighter than what is on my walls in the living room so I was sure that once finished, those coasters would blend in just fine.



After the paint dried I grabbed that book of old sheet music, some scraps left from my sons 1st year scrapbook, my x-acto knife, a monogram stamp with a brown marker and most importantly - Mod Podge. I just started decorating - my theme was family. For those of you that know me - I try not to agonize over one thought very often so my ideas change by the second. With that being said, there was no plan here - I just did what I thought was pretty! Here they are with the mod podge drying. I love them. I'll have to be sure to take a photograph when they have found their place in my home.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I love how you're taking what you have and making it work for you. I'm not very good at that. Really loving this new blog!

    ReplyDelete

feedback please!!! i love it!